Chinese New Year
Year of the Rooster 🐓
Easy DIY Party Favors
No party of mine is complete without a party favor. For this years Chinese New Year party I sent guests home with a tangerine body butter. Mandarin's are considered good fortune during Chinese New Year but I couldn't find mandarin body butter. So satsuma had to do.
I love the little details of this favor. The gold Chinese symbol on the front of the take-out box and the cute little fortune cookie charm. I tied the charm onto a bamboo straw with red string.
Careful, I think that dragon is eyeing your favor. You better go get it before he runs off with all of them. 😉😉
Supplies needed to create this party favor:
Take out boxes
Fortune cookie charms
Chinese symbol stamp
Satsuma body butter
These party favors are super easy to make. Gather all the supplies listed above and lets make one.
1. Cut a piece of the gold glitter craft paper to fit the front of the take-box.
2. Attach it to the take-out box with double stick tape.
3. Write or stamp a Chinese symbol onto red craft paper and cut it out into a square.
4. Attach with double stick tape to the gold glitter paper that you just attached to the take-out box.
5. Tie a fortune cookie charm to a bamboo straw with the red string.
6. Put the bamboo straw with the fortune cookie charm into the take-out box.
7. Set the satsuma body butter into the take-out box.
For more ideas about Chinese New Year be sure to follow my Chinese New Year board on Pinterest.
Shop this party favor:
Styling, concept, photography by Fizzy Party
White take-out boxes, fortune cookie charms: Oriental Trading
Gold sequin table linen, red thread and craft paper: Joann Fabric and Crafts
Satsuma body butter: The Body Shop