I am extremely honored to once again review my friend Norene Cox of Party Pinching's book. This is her second book which covers those holiday's not in her first book, Sweet Treats for the Holidays. I was squealing with delight at the cuteness in this book! How Norene comes up with these creations from store-bought cookies, cakes etc is beyond me. I'm a creative person but no way do I see shoes when I look at Twinkie's. You'll see what I mean when you purchase the book.
These carousel cupcakes are adorable and so easy to make. No baking required. Well, you could bake the cupcakes or... just pick up some store bought ones and jazz them up with candy like Norene did here. So colourful and fun.
Are these just not the cutest little graduates you've ever seen? I can picture these as party favors at your graduates party. The kids will love them!
Norene has solved that age old question, what do you get dad for Father's Day? BBQ Grill Bites of course. Just how easy is it to make these sweet treats from the book Party with Sweet Treats? Just see the how-to for these BBQ Grill Bites below:
A perfect goody for the Grillmaster.
6 Little Brownie Bites (such as Entenmann’s)
1 (.67 oz.) tube of black writing gel
12 red Mike and Ike candies
2 green Mike and Ike candies
2 yellow Mike and Ike candies
2 pink Mike and Ike candies
18 lollipop sticks
½ cup chocolate melted candy coating
12 dark brown M&M’s
1. With the black writing gel, make a circle around the top edge of the brownie bite. Then make grill lines with the writing gel inside of the circle.
2. Using the black edible marker, make little grill marks on the red Mike & Ike candies so they look like hot dogs. Place hot dogs on top of brownie grill.
3. Slice the green, yellow, orange and pink Mike & Ike candies into thirds.
4. Place one sliced Mike & Ike of each color onto a toothpick for the skewer. Place on brownie grill.
5. Cut lollipop sticks into approximately 2” lengths. Push 2 sticks into the bottom of the brownie.
6. Melt chocolate candy coating wafers according to package instructions.
7. Attach the M&M’s to the bottom of the lollipop sticks for wheels using the melted candy coating.
Makes 6 Brownie Grill Bites
I HAD to save one of my favorite treats from the book for last. I absolutely love Hostess Sno-Balls and have never thought of creating panda's with them! I think Norene's brain is made of candy, hee hee. That's how she can see fun candy creations in everyday cookies, cakes etc.
Besides the cute panda's pictured above Norene has a game night section in the book that I fell in love with. I'm hosting a game night just so I can make the treats from that section of the book.
Don't miss any of the cute creations from Party Pinching, follow here:
To purchase a copy of this must have book:
Barnes & Noble